Kitchen Ideas & Inspiration
Cook Up Some Love
Weâ€™ve collected some romantic, heart-fluttering recipes for Valentines Day. So, put your kitchen to good use and tug on your loved one's heart strings with some spectacular cooking.
Cook up some love
Our Sigma 3 Kitchens are the perfect place to impress your partner this Valentine’s Day;
We’ve collected some romantic, heart-fluttering recipes for the special day from Neff. So, put your kitchen to good use and tug on your loved one's heart strings with some spectacular cooking.
Obviously, we think this meal will taste better when made in a Sigma 3 Kitchen, if you have one ;)
If you don’t, you can book a no-obligation, FREE design appointment at your nearest showroom. One of our talented designers will be on hand to chat about your dream kitchen. Show your home some love this Valentine’s Day and make your dream kitchen a reality.
Treat the one you love with this three course Valentine’s Day feast…
FONDUE AND RAW CRUDITÉS for starters
- 1 clove garlic, halved 350ml white wine
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 270g emmental cheese grated
- 270g gruyère cheese grated
- 1.5 tsp cornflour
- 1.5 tbsp kirsch (optional)
- Vegetable and bread cubes to serve
- Rub the inside of the fondue pot with the halves of garlic.
- Add the wine and lemon juice to the pot and heat until boiling. Lower the heat and gradually stir in the cheeses until melted, stirring all the time.
- If using kirsch, blend with the cornflour, otherwise use water. Add to the cheese mixture and cook gently until the mixture is smooth - don‘t let it boil or it will burn.
BEETROOT PESTO PASTA WITH MOZZARELLA AND BASIL for mains
For the beetroot pesto
- 2 small or 1 large raw beetroot, peeled and chopped into small chunks
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 30g pine nuts
- 7 tbsp olive oil
- 50g parmesan, finely Grated
- Juice of half a lemon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 125g spaghetti
- 100g Mozzarella, sliced into 1 cm thick slices
- Small bunch fresh basil
- Pre heat the steam oven to 100°C.
- Place the beetroot in a single layer onto a small perforated gastronorm tray with small solid tray beneath. Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes until tender. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
- Place the cooked beetroot in a blender or mini food processor along with the garlic and pine nuts. Pulse until combined. Add in oil, parmesan and half of the lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pulse again, then taste. Add more lemon juice, salt and pepper if needed.
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling water until al dente – about 10 minutes.
- Whilst the spaghetti is cooking, place the mozzarella slices onto a chopping board and cut out small heart shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain, reserving a cup of the cooking water. Toss the spaghetti together with the beetroot pesto. Add a little of the reserved pasta water if it needs loosening up a little.
- Divide the pasta between 2 plates and top with the mozzarella hearts. Decorate with basil leaves before serving.
RASPBERRY MACAROONS for desert
- 110g egg whites
- 75g caster sugar
- 125g ground almonds
- 175g icing sugar
- 125g white chocolate
- 125g Mascarpone
- 50g fresh raspberries
- 1tbsp icing sugar
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp raspberry syrup
- Whisk the egg whites till soft peaks using an electric hand whisk; slowly add the caster sugar, a third at a time, until smooth and glossy.
- Add the food colouring to preference of colour - be generous as colour will fade in the oven.
- Sift the icing sugar and ground almonds, little at a time, into the mixture folding in with a spatula.
- Line a universal tray with baking paper, place mixture into a piping bag and pipe small rounds approx. 3cm in diameter (bite size).
- Gently tap the universal tray on to the surface to knock out any air bubbles. 6. Set aside for 30 minutes and turn on the oven with 10 minutes remaining.
- Blitz the raspberries to a puree and add the icing sugar - pass through a fine sieve, stir in the lemon juice and raspberry syrup.
- In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate and allow to cool slightly before adding to the mascarpone and raspberry puree. Mix together and use to fill a piping bag. Set aside in a fridge ready for piping.
- Place macaroons in the oven on CircoTherm® 130°C for 10-13 minutes.
Once macaroons have cooled pipe a small amount of the filling on half the macaroons and sandwich together with the other half
Enjoy and happy Valentine’s Day from the team at Sigma 3 Kitchens.
Book your free design consultation online
Have fun creating your wishlist, get a free 3D design & quote and talk about Finance Options. We'll give you an amazing experience.
Find even more inspiration in our brochures & magazines
See all our customer stories
Hear about the amazing experience that our customers have with us.